Rapid Insights Sample Newsletter
Sign up for Rapid Insights here.
Here are your latest Rapid Insights:
Data scientists are not data engineers
- Data scientists don't build the tools and infrastructures, they use the data pipelines that the engineers build to do their work.
- Hiring a data scientist without engineering support is a common scenario, more often than not, leading to the scientist quitting.
Data trends for 2021
- More companies are hiring Data Platform Engineers, whose responsibility is getting people and teams within the organization to adopt data in their * workflows. Make self-service BI tools deployment less painful
Select the tool that fits your business requirements.
- Forge a partnership between IT and business teams.
- Implement data governance from the get-go.
The "dos and dont's" of setting up your data analytics platform
- Among the items: think long-term when selecting your software.
- Don't migrate your data all at once.
- Don't forget about data security.
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly of Becoming Data Driven
- Good: tons of data at our fingertips.
- Bad: broken processes for managing people with performance data.
- Ugly: lack of transparency on how data is used and unethical uses of data.